Services and Facilities
- 24x7 Open Reading Hall
- Book Exhibition / Display
- Document Scanning
- Full text access to subscribed E-Resources
- Institute's Repository / Archive
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and Document Delivery (DDS)
- Issue/Return of Books
- Book Drop Box Facility
- Kindle E-Book Readers
- Online Book Reservation (Hold) and Renewal
- Online Catalogue
- Remote Access to Subscribed E-Resources
- Scholars' Cabin
- User Awareness/Orientation Programme
- Wi-fi Internet Connectivity
- General Policy for All Users
24x7 Open Reading Hall
The ground floor of library and Information Center remains open 24 hours all days as a reading room for all users. Apart from this, there are three spacious reading halls on the first floor. The sitting capacity is around 178 users at a time.
Book Exhibition / Display
Keeping in view the requirements of various programs and research activities at the institute, the collection development is necessary. For this purpose, the Library and Information Center organizes a book exhibition every year. During the exhibition, users may recommend books for the Library and may also purchase the books right away for personal use at better discount rates.
Library provides document scanning service to all users. A dedicated color document scanner is kept at Library First floor.
Full text access to subscribed E-Resources
Apart from the print resources, the Library and Information Center subscribes to various renowned electronic resources in areas of Engineering, Sciences, and Technology. These e-resources are accessible at the institute’s intranet, and the access is IP based; hence login/user name and password are not required.
IIITD Repository / Archive
IIITD Institutional Repository is a digital collection that collects, organizes, preserves and makes accessible the achievements/ intellectual output of faculty members, research scholars, and UG/PG students. It may contain the following resources –
- Research Papers
- Technical Reports
- Lecture Presentations
- Lecture Notes
- Press Clippings
- Video & Audio Recordings
- Previous Year Question Papers
- Annual Reports
- Event Recordings
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) and Document Delivery (DDS)
IIIT-D Library offers Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery Service to its users for such books and articles which are not available at IIIT-Delhi. Interested users may check the details of available resources under ILL/DDS and fill out the form below -
Issue/Return Service (Circulation)
|Users||Number of books||Loan Period||Remarks|
|Faculty Members||15||One Semester||Reference books of courses can be issued if there is no request from others. All the books have to be returned at the end of every semester. The books can be re-issued as per the need.|
|PhD Scholars||5||One Month||Reference books of courses may be issued for outside the library for 2 hours/overnight, and should be returned within 1 hour of the library reopening the next morning|
|M.Tech. Students||4||14 Days|
|B.Tech. Students||3||14 Days|
- Overdue charges/late fee will be charged @ Rs.10/- per day on each book (There will be no charge for Saturday, Sunday, and other holidays). Book issue service may be suspended if the overdue charge exceeds Rs.1000/-. Once the charges are paid, the service will be activated again. Overdue charges shall be submitted at the Library circulation desk.
- Books/Materials can be re-issued, if there is no reservation (Hold) placed on them by other users.
- The Library and Information Center sends overdue reminder to related borrowers.
- For the loss of library books/materials, the borrower has to pay the current list price of the book plus overdue charge (if any). The overdue charge amount will not exceed the current list price of the book.
- No book/material from the Library and Information Center should be taken out without proper issuance/recording. If anyone is caught, the disciplinary action will be taken.
- Only one copy of a title can be issued at a time.
- The library and information center may recall any issued book even before the due date.
- Users are responsible for books issued against their ID cards (any damage or loss), even if someone else returns it on their behalf.
Book Drop Box Facility
IIIT-D Library has started Book Drop Box Facility recently. The drop box has kept on the ground floor of the Library building. Please note the following –
- This drop box is for returning issued items when the Library is closed.
- During circulation hours, please return the issued items at the Library circulation desk, first floor.
- All dropped items will be returned from the respective Library accounts just next working day of the Library.
Kindle E-Book Reader
Few Kindle E-Book Readers are available for loan in the Library. Library users may borrow the same for a limited period (Kindle Borrowing Policy, please read it before lending the Kindle), more devices may add in upcoming days by usage.
Online Book Reservation (Hold) and Renewal
The Library and Information Center provides online book reservation (Hold) service to all registered users using following steps –
- Log in to your account on Library portal and go to search Library Catalog
- Type the author name or the title (or whatever information you have regarding that title)
- Library Catalog searches your query, retrieves results, select the required one, following which the Library Catalog tells you the status of the books
- Click on to place hold button on the right-hand side button
- Library Catalog shows two options
- Place hold for the next available copy
- Then again Click on Place hold button
- Log in to your account on Library portal
- Click on My Summary
- Click on Renew
- Only registered users (Faculty, Staff, and Students) are allowed to borrow books/materials from the Library. Users should always carry their ID cards while using the Library and information center.
- All registered users may check their Library record and update/modify the personal information by logging in to their Library account.
- To know the full details and availability status of Library resources, please prefer to access the Library online catalogue.
- Users are not allowed to carry eatables and drinks in Library.
- Borrowers must satisfy themselves with the physical condition of the books before borrowing.
- Users should leave the books on the reading table after use.
- Users should not write in, mark, scratch, and disfigure or damage books and furniture of the Library.
- Changing the settings and display of the computers kept in the Library is not allowed.
- Report to us regarding the loss of ID cards, so that the Library can keep it the in record and nobody misuses it.
- Each user will receive e-mail intimation on issue/return, overdue reminder and related services.
- Belongings like bags, umbrellas, etc. are to be kept at the Library property counter at your own risk. All users are advised not to leave their valuables like money, passport, pen drive, cell phone, wallet etc. at the Library property counter.
- All users should observe strict silence inside the Library.
Also, the Library provides online book renewal service as well using following steps –
Online Catalog (OPAC)
Using this catalog the Library users may search and find the available resources by Title, Author, Publisher, Subject heading, Keywords, etc.
How to Find a Book on the Shelf ?
Remote Access to Subscribed E-Resources
The center provides remote access to subscribed e-resources through VPN (Virtual Private Network), (how to use VPN). Now all IIIT-D Library users may access subscribed e-resources from outside campus as well. In case of any difficulty, please contact the IT help-desk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
On the Library’s ground floor, there are four scholar’s cabins for Library users. If the users seek to study in a group, give any demonstration on any topic or want pin-drop silence for self-study, they may use these cabins accordingly. Whiteboard and laptop charging facilities are also available in all cabins.
User Orientation Programme
Under this programme, users learn about the library resources and services. They also learn about how to access online catalogue for available resources, Institutional Repository, subscribed and open access electronic resources, etc.
Wi-fi Internet Connectivity
Most users generally carry laptops; therefore, the high speed 24x7 Wi-fi Internet connectivity is available in the whole Library and Information Center building. All students, Ph.D. Scholars, Faculty Members, Guest/Visiting Faculty and Staff Members may use this facility; apart from a few desktop PCs connected with LAN.